26 July 2012

Joy and frustration

So there is the type of joy of a job well done (my curtains!) The type of joy when the boys use the potty ALL day and we don't have any pee pants to wash (YAY!) The odd joy of feeling my insides reposition...(ugh) And the other odd joy I get from making mistakes (huh).....I always feel confused when I make mistakes....Not that I am perfect (but I am), it's especially confusing when I envision something and then when I do it I am not thrilled. Confused? Yeah me too.....

I have been making denim cuff bracelets, it's tons of fun and it's a tiny little canvas so to speak, so I do things I would not normally try or think would look cool. I have a TON of ideas running around in my head about what I can do to these bracelets, just simple stuff, but TONS of it! So far the first one I learned from and after that I have made 6 or 7 that I adore (I even hate to part with them)....but then I started one I was really excited about, I thought it would be clean, classy and fun all at the same time. Now that I got going I HATE it, it is terrible, and I can not seem to pick it up to even figure out how to fix it...I just moved on to something else something I don't hate, but I won't mind if any one buys it. I do this to myself, I make a mistake and I get all frustrated and try to over simplify or just not put myself into it....it always turns out lame and I just stop. I am trying really hard to just muscle through this time, I recently heard someone say "mistakes are NEVER bad, without them you won't learn"...true, I knew that, duh, and that's what I try to teach my kids, but why when it comes to me do I get soooo discouraged I let myself become lame? I am not lame, I pretty much rock! So it's time to own it and rock these denim cuffs again...I think....

I think my hang up is that some things in my mind contain magic, not like Prince Ali magic, but just plain magic where all the hand stitches are exact, they are even and perfect. But that is so unattainable, and what's the point to making something by hand if it looks like it was made by a machine? Not much point, so I just have to suck it up and learn from my mistake(s) and remain awesome, instead of becoming lame....

Here's 3 of what I've done (I would add more but my child got frustrated and threw my camera :( ) If you want to try your hand at making a cuff register for the Embellish Class on Saturday August 4th!







No comments:

Post a Comment