10 July 2012

Having a Baby

So the news is out, and I did say I was going to use this blog to post about family and work and how they are so entwined.....and what have I been thinking lately while trying to get ready for classes or make a to do list, or clean....this ever growing bump.

So, let me clear something up; a mother of twins does not ALWAYS produce more than one baby at a time. I know that to everyone who hasn't seen my daily frustrations it is kind of funny to poke and ask about twin girls, but that makes me cry. Honestly, the idea of another 2 years of working to get to the point where I can function and shower, and do dishes, and sleep and spend time with my husband outside of "can you please try something with this one"... it would be horrible. On top of the fact that I am not any where near as big as I was when carrying two. Don't get me wrong, my boys are amazing and totally worth the two years of lost sanity and I truly hope they each get to experience TRIPLETS, but that doesn't mean I want to relive the last two years of my life. This is when it's getting good, and they are playing games with each other, and leaving momma to do the dishes. I like it, why would you want to make me cry and suggest that I am going to go through the frustrations of twin infancy again?

The other assumption you should all know is completely off base...I do not feel like I NEED a girl. Yes, I teach ballet, yes my favorite color is pink, it is true I love everything ruffled, it is also true I love doing crafty things and sewing. It is also true the my sons run around the house wearing my tiara while they play air guitar, they don't wear ruffles, but they wear plaid, which I also LOVE! They love to sew, draw, knit, and do every other craft I do. Yes they are boys and they will possibly grow out of the tiara, they may not like all the crafty stuff, and I may never get to make embroidery floss friendship bracelets....but then again, maybe I will. Jamison is also a beautiful dancer already, he can to arabesque stretches, can do the splits, and loves to do turns. So I have two boys, doesn't mean a girl would be any better suited to all my interests. My boys are fabulous and I will love them even if they become lawyers. Of course I will love a daughter if that is what I have, but I will also allow her to be interested in dirt bikes, or foot ball, or any other thing that you would deem "masculine". I think the best thing my parents ever did was let me decide when I wanted a Pink room top to bottom, and when I wanted a blue room top to bottom. My boys will always be given their choice in activities, nothing will be decided by gender. And if I have a girl this time she too will always be allowed to be who she is. And for the record, I will be thrilled to have a healthy happy baby, and please stop telling me I need a girl. I don't NEED one gender over another, because gender does not determine their interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment