09 August 2011

last Saturday and this Saturday

After that last post; I went into my studio, boys in tow and everything! It was hot but doable; I sewed that dang button on Evan's shorts, altered two t-shirts to wear for dance, and pinned down the word "honey" on the banner....doesn't seem like much when it's written out, but for me it was amazing...sure every 10 minutes or so I had to tell one boy or the other not to bite, or not to climb, or clean up some mess they were in the process of making....but there was live music down stairs at cuppa for part of the evening, and good friends stopped in to bask in the glory of the mess the boys had made.... it was just an all around enjoyable afternoon.

Which I expect the same out of this Saturday too. I will be hosting a class for up-cycling clothes. By which I mean, when something you love has a tiny (or sizable) flaw, but you just can't part with it.....how you turn it into something you love even MORE. I will probably be working on t-shirts for dance, but will be helping anyone brainstorm how to improve something of theirs and how to accomplish what they want to do! Then of course there will be more live music and I always love that!


1 comment:

  1. Hi! Where can I find out more information about your August 13th class (ie. where, supplies, sign-up, etc)? Also, what are Sew-Shul hours?

    ReplyDelete