22 April 2011

Finally getting going again

I am putting my foot down! I am going to sew again and the babies are just going to have to deal with it! Not only am I going to sew I am actually going to do the classes I have been saying I was going to do forever! The first two classes will be in June.

On June 4th I will be teaching "practical sewing, by machine or hand"; we will go over simple things such as sewing on a button, hemming pants, fixing a seam, or any other simple question someone may have. It will be a great time to bring in your sewing machine that has been passed down through the ages and you aren't sure how to work it, we will figure it out together. Bring that pile of clothes that you have been meaning to mend but you're not sure how or just don't have the confidence, we'll get through it together. The fee for this class will vary, depending on how long you stay and how much help you need. Please pre-register and we will talk about it then!

June 18th we will have some fun and alter a pair of pants into a fabulous skirt (like the one above). This will be an all hand sewing class (unless you choose otherwise). You have to supply the pair of pants to be altered and if you want me to supply the extra fabric it will be a $5-$10 charge. Otherwise it is $15 for the first hour and $10 for any hour after that. If you just want help getting the project started only stay for the first hour, if you want help through out the construction of your skirt, you are welcome to stay up to three hours! Yes, it may take that long, especially hand sewing, but think of all the compliments you will receive! Please pre-register for this class, so I can plan on where we will need to be.

All classes will be held at Art 634 at 1pm. If you have any questions or want to register please call me at 517-740-3698

I can't wait! I am giddy just thinking about it! I am already planning the rest of the summer classes and I will post descriptions later, but just to wet your appetite:


July 2nd: sewing from a pattern
July 16th: up-cycle sewing
August 13th: working with ties
August 27th: fabric art, 2D and 3D

No comments:

Post a Comment