15 August 2009

An unproductive week

So even though my goal was to finish a project every week to update the blog it has not worked. I have actually been busy for a while helping Jackson School of the Arts prepare for our next school year. But anyway, I did get my sewing machine a much needed tune-up and now it actually has even stitches, which is really exciting for me. It has inspired me to schedule classes. So here is the announcement!
I will be holding classes every Monday night for people wanting to familiarize themselves with their sewing machine. It will be pretty basic, getting to know how to thread, what the different stitches are good for and how to complete a sewing project of the students choice. This will also be a great time, if you are already good at sewing, to just bring your machine and work around others working with fabric. The class will start around 6:30 and go until 8:00 at the latest, or if people need to leave earlier. I will provide scrap material for practice and thread; please bring your own machine, bobbins, and material for your final project. The price for this class with be $15 for an hour (this is negotiable, I love to barter).
My other class with be on Friday evening from 5-6. I hope for this class to take on the "stitch-and-bitch" type feel where we all have solo projects, and socialize while working on them. The projects will be focused on recycling and art, especially clothing. If you want and idea of what that looks like click on the image of the green and white tank top to the left. Some call this up-cycling clothing. I usually do it when I really like certain aspects of an article of clothing but I dislike others. I will be there to lend novice sewers a hand in getting started and guidance throughout their project. I will provide any scrap fabric needed for projects, as well as any needles or thread needed. The fee for this class will be $10 (also negotiable!).
Well that is all the news for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment