19 July 2011

smooth sailing

So there have been some spells since I started this business (and blog) that have been quite dry creatively and productively...but I think we are headed for an end to that. The boys are FINALLY sleeping! I may be getting ahead of myself a little, tonight will mark night number 2 that they have slept through the night (if they make it) but I feel so refreshed and whole after just one FULL night's sleep that it is ridiculous! So of course since I feel so refreshed I am awake at 1 a.m. thinking and thinking of things to come. Like August classes, or starting to teach dance again in the fall, or just how to deal with a 103 heat index tomorrow, or how I want to organize a sewing group, or the party I'm gonna throw when the babes have slept through the night for a week (it will be quiet and in the middle of the night)...so many things to be excited for, and so many things to figure out.

August classes for starters. I am really not thrilled about the classes I thought I would teach. So I'm going to change them to something I will be excited for. I think since the up-cycle sewing one kinda went out the window in favor of working on other projects, that will be the first class in August, and that I will just have a sewing day for the other Saturday that I would teach a class.
August 19th I will be doing an up-cycle sewing class, where YOU bring in something you love that has one little (or big) flaw, like a stain, a tear, you don't like the way it hangs, too short, too long (get the idea), and we do something cool and fun to make it Perfect. Then on August 27th I will just open the studio to whoever wants to bring a project and sew while socializing. I think we will call it "sew-cializing" ha ha get it? oh man...they will both start at 1pm and go until 4pm (ish).

I think the "sew-cializing" will be something I continue into the school year. Once a month at least. I am going to be teaching a lot this year (not complaining) but I don't think I want to do sewing classes on top of dance, but the "sew-cializing" will be a good way to relax, unwind, and spend time with people my age! I think it will be fun, in the fall we can start working on Halloween costumes (my favorite), and then there is the Christmas season that we can work on gifts and then there is the new year where we can just play! I will have a birthday party to start planning but that probably won't involve sewing. "Sew-cializing" will be a bring your own maching (or not) and your own project, type of gathering and it will be the Second Saturday of every month, from 1p.m. until 4ish. There another thing settled in my mind! Actually I think that knocked a few things out of my mind.

I think I will be able to sleep with just the heat index to deal with tomorrow, and the party for sleeping babies....ahhh sleep, how I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment